​Projects, pictures, and protests on my complacent existence. All while trying to better myself in all things craft and self.​

Monday, September 10, 2012

Love Note



A friend of mine introduced me to the wonderful world of paper crafting. And I have been cursing her name ever since. I find it very soothing but at the same time super detailed stressful and paper is a bit expensive. But I just can't say no to a good craft. This card was made for my wonderful Sweetie, who has to put up with getting crafted gifts, never seeing the sweet shine of a store bought item. I'll be putting up other examples of my cards in a bit but I wanted to show a before and after shot of the card. I started out with a simple pen sketch of what I wanted then carefully cut it out to make a template. After that I cut out the colored paper and glued it all together without gluing myself to the card or table. This card's style was based off of the artist Mucha, who was an Art Nouveau painter. He also happens to be one of my boyfriend's favorite artist *brag*. I wanted to go into more detail but I have clumsy fingers and the patience of a 5 year old. I think what this card really needed was a massive amount of glitter. Topped with more glitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment