​Projects, pictures, and protests on my complacent existence. All while trying to better myself in all things craft and self.​

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

In Response to Shady Chic

My argument here today is that jewelry can never be too big. EVER. Even if it makes you fall and break under it's immense weight or can scare pilots mid-flight with it's shine it is never too much. It's just Fabulous. I love what ShadyChic calls "power jewelry" or a refresher of the 80's executive woman. Plus I love anything kitschy which leaves me with some pretty interesting finds and makes. This is what I wore out today:

That's right two large eyes attached to a heavy faux gold cuff. I've already gotten a few compliments on this piece and what's more fun is that I can be a creep and make the eyes stare at someone. Like I did this morning in my psychiatrists office. The man across the room was twitching and giving nervous glances my way the entire time I was there. Of course, we were in a head doc's office so he could have just been a loon to begin with.
I made this bracelet on my manic craft bender the other night. Along with a lot more stuff. What the doc failed to mention on our last date was that because I'm on new meds which keep me from hitting the super lows that I may experience so new tweaking highs. At first I was worried but did you see how much I got done? And that's not all I did, I started a blog, an etsy shop, watched a movie, cleaned, made a mess, did laundry, tried yoga (twice), spent a pile of money, recreated my life plan, and hang with Shady Chic. I mean beyond the fidgetyness, frantic heartbeating, and inability to sleep who wouldn't love this! So much crafting to do so many things to do and see.Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment: